Connect at Mount Hermon
The Christian Writers Retreat at Mount Hermon is all about connections.
We provide an opportunity for everyone in the Christian writing community—and those who are considering getting into this exciting field—to:
- Connect with God, first and foremost. Mount Hermon is the ideal setting to have a powerful, intimate interaction with your heavenly Father. He called you to this ministry, has great plans for you, and wants to reveal to you the next step in the journey He has for you.
- Connect with mentors. Industry professionals will lead spiritual sessions, writing presentations, small-group meet-ups, one-on-one mentoring, and early-risers devotionals. These mentors will be happy to talk with you throughout the retreat during scheduled appointments or spontaneous meetings. Large-group sessions will be available via live stream on a private Facebook page that will be accessible to all paid registrants (in person and virtual). These presentations will be recorded and available for later viewing through December 31.
- Connect with your peers. Paid registrants will receive access to a private Facebook group where they can make plans to connect at the retreat. Schedule one-on-one appointments, plan small-group mentoring sessions or critique groups, whatever will make this weekend special and meaningful for you.
- Connect with your writing. Come away from your daily life responsibilities and focus on whatever God has called you to write. Spend some quiet time in your room or out in nature or in the coffee shop and make some serious progress on your manuscript.
- Connect with peers. Mount Hermon is well known for the “divine connections” that happen here. Come with eager anticipation for which people God will put in your path.
- Connect with nature. Refresh your spirit by taking walks along the trails and paths among the beautiful California coastal redwoods, streams, and waterfalls that surround the Mount Hermon Christian Conference Center. If you wish, you can follow the steps on the Guided Prayer Walk that will be provided upon check-in, with prayer prompts for specific inspiring locations.
- Connect with your spouse. Since this is not a professional conference with workshops and faculty appointments to focus on, you don’t need to leave your spouse at home! Share your beloved Mount Hermon with your husband or wife. Spend focused quality time together. Take walks among the redwoods. Enjoy the worship music. The presentations will be focused on writing and writers, so if your spouse isn’t interested in that, the two of you can skip those activities and spend time enjoying the beautiful surroundings together. You can introduce your spouse to your writer friends during meals and breaks. Then watch the presentations after you get home.
- Connect with adventure! Mount Hermon has an amazing redwood canopy tour zip line and two ropes courses. Visit the Mount Hermon Adventures website for more information to schedule a time to enjoy those activities before, during, or after the retreat.
Make this retreat whatever you need it to be. Attend any or all of the sessions if you wish. Choose one or more stops on the Guided Prayer Walk if that appeals to you. Spend as much time as you want taking hikes, relaxing, praying, writing. Visit the prayer chapel. Ask God what He would have you do that would be most meaningful for you and provide what you need at this step in your journey.
Make plans in advance to connect with people at the retreat, go with no preparation and see which people the Holy Spirit connects you with there, or simply plan on connecting with the God who loves you. Whatever your intentions, remember that God may have something even better in mind for you than what you expected or planned!